Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Results For Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Results For Newbie

We just put our above ground pool up and right off the bat I had green clear water. I shocked the pool, added metal chemical, stabilizer, etc. this morning my pool has a slight tint of green but very clear - here are my readings:

CL - 4
    PH - 7.5
    TA - 140
    CH - 70
    CYA - 60

What advice do you have for me?
    16x48 AG Intex Ultra Frame 6000 gallon Vinyl pool with a Krystal Clear Sand Pump 2150 gph.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Results For Newbie

FYI - sand filter not hooked up yet. We are waiting on our connectors so using the cartridge pump that came with pool.
    16x48 AG Intex Ultra Frame 6000 gallon Vinyl pool with a Krystal Clear Sand Pump 2150 gph.

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you filling from a well?

If yes, wait. Clear green water initially that gets way greener as soon as you hit it with bleach is metals in the water. It frequently goes away all by itself in a couple days. Use the search box for topics about well water and green with bleach and so on and you'll find you are not alone. If you've added sequestrant, give it time to work.

Just maintain the pool chemistry as if the water was clear and untinted. If it hasn't gotten any better in another 24 hours, then more drastic steps will be needed.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

We are on City water. The water color is better today than yesterday. I will wait it out. Thanks!