Change speeds on a SuperFlo

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
I saw this post when searching for how to install a switch to get two speeds. (Bama thats for that post very informative) I am looking to install a 1HP Pentair Super Flo and would like to so this instead of installing a new timer box. Can someone confirm that this will also work on a SuperFlo and possibly suggest a good location for the SPDT switch?

I am a mechanical engineer but electricity is a second language so if someone knows of any additional posts covering this I would sure like to see it.

Thanks everyone

The two speed versions of the SuperFlo come with a switch on the motor housing. It is simplest to use that switch, though using an external switch is also fine.
Jason looking at this SuperFlo dual speed pump it does not look like it has a switch. Am I looking at the pump you were referring to? I am a little confused. They do make a Super flow that has a control like a IntelleFlo but it is a variable flow.
I need to pull the plug soon.

They might have stopped including the switch, or the photos might be wrong. Difficult to be sure which is going on here.

Even if there isn't a switch on the pump, it is very easy to wire up an external manual switch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.