Cloudy Water

Elle

May 16, 2007
Northern NY
Hi All! We just opened our pool a little over a week ago. I've been keeping up with the chemicals and adding Bleach all the time to keep it at shock levels. After doing this the pool went from dark green to blue but it is still very cloudy. I'm nervous that my filter isn't keeping up. I'm not sure what else to do. We've been running the filter 24/7 for over a week now and I still can just barely see the bottom of the pool. Is there something else I should do or do I need to just keep being patient? I'm not sure how long I need to keep my pool at shock levels.
here are my test results from this morning.

FC 8 (This was the first reading of the day...I know this isn't shock level)
CC 0
TC 8
PH 7.3
TA 70
CYA 35-40
Thanks!

As it says in the last paragrapgh of the SLAM instructions, "If you have a sand filter, you can speed up the process of clearing up the water by adding a little DE to your filter. See Add DE to a Sand Filter for more information."

You may substiture cellulose DE replacement as well. Early reports indicate that it doesn't raise pressure as much, so if you have put 4 cups in and it still hasn't raised the pressure 1 psi, stop there.

After it's been added, stick around and keep an eye on the filter pressure. it could raise 25% in a couple hours. When you backwash, you'll need to add it again, because it will all be flushed out during the backwash.

Oh I did really??? Ha that's funny! We must have b/c we used our pool all summer last year. I do remember the filter struggling all year to keep it clean. The switch from DE filter to sand has been an adjustment. It def doesn't clear things up as quickly and I get impatient! Thanks for the reminder!!! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.