Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Odd Line of dirt

1. Back To Top    #1

Odd Line of dirt

Hi Guys,

I have this line of dirt in my pool that appears and reappears with great regularity. I'll vacuum it up or the robot will pick it up and a day or two later it's there again. It's located in the shallow end of the pool just before the slope begins and just before a seam in the liner. I don't appear to be losing any water so I don't think it's a hole or tear in the liner. And as you can see the water is crystal clear.

For good measure:

FC = 5.5
    CC = .5
    PH = 7.4
    TA = 75
    CH = 113
    CYA = 70

Here's a couple of photos.

26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Odd Line of dirt

That is very common. There is a slight lowering in water flow right there, so debris being carried around by the current tends to drop out and collect there.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Odd Line of dirt

That is very common. There is a slight lowering in water flow right there, so debris being carried around by the current tends to drop out and collect there.
    That's sort of what I was hoping, thank you for confirming!
    26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.