Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Build Deck now or wait on the Pool to be totally up?

1. Back To Top    #1

Build Deck now or wait on the Pool to be totally up?

Hello
    I am in the process of my build. I need to wait until I have a full day to watch the pool fill
    before I put it up. I am wondering if you guys suggest waiting until the pool is up to do the deck.
    Or should I just go about my deck building? I am only creating a 6x10 deck so it is really only a few hr process.
    The deck will be the Octagon shape of the pool for 4 sections.

Thank you for any and all suggestions.
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Build Deck now or wait on the Pool to be totally up?

I would do it after the pool is up, especially if you are matching the angles
    Lizzieann,

27x54 AGP with Waterfall, 18,500 gallons, Waterway Sand filter- Waterway 1.5 hp -1 speed pump , TF-100 test kit, BBB method.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah I was thinking the same just trying to think ahead not sure if that is good or bad

Thanks
    20'x54" intex ultra Sand filter. with SWG Still work in progress will have Resin 24" fence around the top. Hooked to a 10x6 Deck that is attached to another 10'x6' Kids Club house. Slide from main deck into pool. Intex softwall lights. Kenwood Marine radio sealed in a deck box all Bluetooth controlled with Pyle 5" outdoor speakers.

4. Back To Top    #4

You want the pool filled so after you're done working up a sweat doing carpentry, you can take a plunge.

Don't forget to empty your pockets. Cell phones and car remotes hate pool water.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

lol Richard that is a good plan I like that.

6. Back To Top    #6

PLEASE post pics, I'm getting ready to build about the same setup including a slide. Got our pool filled with water yesterday....
    18 ' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame with Intex 1600 gph sand filter