Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Settle a disagreement?? leave copper unplugged and posts exposed or take it all out?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Settle a disagreement?? leave copper unplugged and posts exposed or take it all out?

Hey y'all ....

haven't cranked up new swg yet, lots going on here, but I do know I am disconnecting the copper bars ... thanks to everyone for all the prev advice and the great how-to ....

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...s-in-Intex-SWG

my question .....

one of us thinks the bars should be removed completely and either do the silicone-plug-the-holes or inner cap/seal fix and the other thinks it is ok to just leave it unplugged with the silver posts sticking out and exposed. Is there any problem with leaving it uncapped and exposed to weather?

to me, that just strikes me as wrong... will the posts rust or corrode? or any other unforseen probs that may crop up???

maybe I'm just a lil' ocd and don't like things that don't look right...

your thoughts?

thanks
    Last edited by MoreSparkle; 05-31-2014 at 08:54 AM. Reason: oops forgot to add pix
    ~6500 gal 18' x 52" easy set agp, 7th year
    Intex 2650 sand filter, chlorine
    TF100 Test Kit
    Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Settle a disagreement?? leave copper unplugged and posts exposed or take it all o

Either way is fine. There are various differences between the two approaches, but they are all trivial details that aren't worth worrying about.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Settle a disagreement?? leave copper unplugged and posts exposed or take it all o

thanks Jason

love you guys ... I know I can always rely on the great info and ideas here ...
    ~6500 gal 18' x 52" easy set agp, 7th year
    Intex 2650 sand filter, chlorine
    TF100 Test Kit
    Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D