Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Complete noob here....

1. Back To Top    #1

Complete noob here....

I'm just now in the process of purchasing an AG pool and am looking for suggestions on what I should be asking/looking for when it comes to the purchase. Deciding between a 24' round and a 15x30 oval. May have to go with oval due to yard layout and deck.

Not really looking for advice on the size. Looking more for parts and supply information/recommendations. Is the SWG worth the additional $$$$? It also seems like the local pool packages don't include the necessary equipment needed to operate the pool at a high level. Such as only offering a 100 HP filter, 1.0 HP pump(??), etc. Would anyone have a good checklist of exactly what I should be looking for so I don't get ripped off and have buyer's remorse? If there's something already on this site with this information, please forgive my ignorance and let me know.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Complete noob here....

Do a google search - top right.
    Basically, the larger the size filter, the better. I'd order your equipment online, cheaper and better than anything the PS gives you as a "package". I'd recommend a large sand filter, with a 1.5 or 2 hp, 2 speed pump. You can run the pump on low 24/7 and save a ton on elec, you'll only need high speed for vacuuming. Sand filters are super easy when it comes to maintenance and if winterized properly a piece of cake for years to come. On an AG pool - You can get a cheapy AG SWG from Intex, for like $139, separately, and adapt it with black rubber couplings. They don't last that long, a few years maybe - but a lot cheaper than the biggie expensive systems and more than adequate for AG pools without the huge costs upfront. I don't like other so-called AG SWG systems I've seen - they stink and don't work well and the manufacturers come and go and don't honor their warranties. Intex ones are inexpensive but they do work - you can google our site for more info.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com