Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Cool Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

I'm doing a thread in the Construction section, but its more like a blog, so I thought I would do a super short version of my pool build....

Here is the old spot where my little Bestway Pool was.... I loved it so much, I sold it and bought a bigger pool....

We had to remove the concrete that was holding the pavers in place......

Clearing the site is well underway....

Had to remove a huge tree stump......

It took the hubby a fair bit of effort.....

Almost gone.....

Still clearing the site... This was backbreaking work and took us about 2 weeks by hand....

Till we hit the second tree, and it was harder to remove than the first as it went underneath the boundary fence....

The second tree stump was also bigger than the first.... So proud of my hubby, he worked really hard and did a great job...

More next post.....
    Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Here is a progress pic.... This is when we decided we needed to remove two rows of pavers towards the house....

The new pool arrived.... 10 hour round trip to pick it up...... The price made it worth the drive.....

We mocked up the frame to give us an idea of how the pool was going to fit in such a small space...... But it did....

Yard is finally cleared.... I don't have to worry about the level as I'm filling with stuff like crush 'n' run... In Australia its called Blue Metal Dust....

New Fittings Showed Up... Time to cut a hole in the pool... Two holes actually.... I have two suctions factory fitted on my pool...

Here's how we modded the pool.....

Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Here is my peristaltic pump that's going to stop me from destroying every t-shirt that I own......

It came with spares and tubes and its the bestest little thing I've purchased so far... I cannot wait to get the tank to go with it....

My Railway sleepers arrived today....

Just a quick mock up of the frame.... Will do more work tomorrow...

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Can't do anymore work today.... Its raining.... Heavily...

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Placed my orders for my Hayward Thru The Wall Skimmer on Amazon, and I also managed to find 2" Hayward Ball Valves from there as well.... Both much much cheaper than I could have bought in Australia...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They should be here by the end of the month hopefully....

6. Back To Top    #6

How exciting!! Looks great so far, can't wait to see it all done.

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
    Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
    Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!
    MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

7. Back To Top    #7

Keep plugging along laceygirl! Cant wait to see it all finished!

18'x48" Intex Ultra-Frame (Grey), Intex 2150gph Sand Filter (#28647EG), Intex Krystal Clear SWCG (#54601EG), Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim, Intex LED Light.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

This is for all intex owners who are wondering just how much you can spend on a little pool like this.....

So far I have spent:-

Pool $580
    Delivery $150
    New Strainer Connectors & Nuts $30
    Railway Sleeper Supports $132
    Hayward Thru The Wall Skimmer $58
    5 PVC Ball Valves 2" $59
    20m x 50mm PVC Flexihose $200
    Onga/Pentair Pump & Filter $700
    Wireless Pool Thermometer $25
    4 outdoor Heavy Duty Powerpoints $320
    Stenner Chlorine Injection $120
    Chlorine Tank & Parts $300 ($100 of that is delivery from the US )
    Outdoor Storage Box $150
    XL Test Kit and Stirrer $150 (and delivery from US)
    New Resin Ladder $200
    Total ======
    $3174

And that's not including landscaping except for the sleepers...

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Here's todays efforts, had to remove another row of pavers close to the house....

This is where the sleepers will meet....

Here is the ridiculous piece of concrete attached to an even more ridiculous piece of steel

Now I have another gaping hole underneath my fence... Thank goodness I'm using crush and run because there are holes everywhere.... I need something strong to fill in where we have dug...

10. Back To Top    #10

Great job so far...keep the pics coming

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Thanks ariel68 About to get back out there and keep going.....

Here was one of the problems, the front yard isn't square.... The string line represents where the sleeper will be.... I'm not happy about it, but there's not much I can do in such a small yard....

This pic shows just how close I'm getting to the house....

And a height reference for the ridiculous overkill of a fence anchor... What were they thinking???

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Levelling ANYTHING sux.....

12. Back To Top    #12

Is it close to the kitchen window? Could be very convenient

Keep up the great work!

18'x48" Intex Ultra-Frame (Grey), Intex 2150gph Sand Filter (#28647EG), Intex Krystal Clear SWCG (#54601EG), Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim, Intex LED Light.

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

Hi B15nut Its actually the front of my house, so the TV room... On really hot days we turn the 55 inch plasma, reposition the surround sound and watch Dive In Movies Would love to buy a projector next year, as I have a lovely wall that I want to install an outdoor screen on....

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Hi B15nut Its actually the front of my house, so the TV room... On really hot days we turn the 55 inch plasma, reposition the surround sound and watch Dive In Movies Would love to buy a projector next year, as I have a lovely wall that I want to install an outdoor screen on....
    You just gave me my next project! Thanks.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Got the sleeper closest to the house, layed and levelled today ... It really showed me how uneven the tiles are behind it... lol Tomorrow we are aiming to get the other longest side done, I need to go buy more edging pins to hold the sleepers in place, but then I will let things settle for 2 weeks and the blue metal dust and plate compactor challenge BEGINS......

More pics when the other sides are done....

16. Back To Top    #16

Coming along nicely!

Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

Thanks mac.dblues... But now I've got to go and pull everything back down and I'm moving the whole frame hopefully about 30-50cm to the right..... I don't like the actual positioning of it at the moment, so more work to do today....

18. Back To Top    #18

Wow!! It's going to be a sweet reward when you are floating in that pool. Keep at it!

MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP
    Powerline XP Pump 1 HP
    Aquaview 17" Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit

JUST WAITING ON INSTALL!
    MermaidMama

18' Round x 52" Doughboy AGP ~ TF-100 Test Kit
    Powerline XP Pump 1.5 HP ~ AquaView 20" Sand Filter ~

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    Thanks mac.dblues... But now I've got to go and pull everything back down and I'm moving the whole frame hopefully about 30-50cm to the right..... I don't like the actual positioning of it at the moment, so more work to do today....
    Better to decide you don't like it now than after you get it set up and wanting to be in it come summer!

Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

I think we've cracked it finally.... We did some re-jigging and re-measuring and we think we've finally made it fit, WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE THE FENCE....

Its just awesome really... I was lucky to have found about 10 different fully assembled 18 x 9 intex pool photos that were really detailed, and with the intex footprint details, we were able to make an educated guess as to how much room we would need....

The sleepers do stick out underneath the boundary fence, but not by very much at all.... Mission Accomplished....

This is the rough final placement...

As you can see, we've still got room at the front door, and I'm going to repave in front of the door and fill in the rest of the pathway with the heaps of leftover pavers we have.....That's Genevieve the site manager....

See? We didn't have to go too far out under the fence at all.... Nice compromise....

More when the electrician has been on Wednesday....

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast