Raypak 106 Won't Ignite

Jul 23, 2013
Southwestern PA
I got a new Raypak 106, hooked it up tonight, first time I turned it on it sparked a few times and then it came on and seemed to working OK. Then it seemed to be turning off and on and finally it was off completely. I turned the switch off and back on but not hearing any spark, am I missing something?

Is this a brand new unit? You really need to figure out why the rollout went out. If this isn't a new unit then I would check to see if the heat exchanger needs cleaning. If you run the unit without the rollout and the flames do rollout it could burn up the wiring inside and then you have a bigger issue.

Is this a brand new unit? You really need to figure out why the rollout went out. If this isn't a new unit then I would check to see if the heat exchanger needs cleaning. If you run the unit without the rollout and the flames do rollout it could burn up the wiring inside and then you have a bigger issue.

It is a new unit, what would cause it to go bad? Do they go bad often? Could it have been bad from the factory?

I am going to guess maybe the air fuel mixture is not set right. Also, if it was going off and on prior to shutting down there may be something amiss with the exhaust. Maybe a pressure switch/blower fan problem.

These units don't have blower motors.

I would not know why it would have tripped the rollout but I would keep my eye on it. If it happens again, get a service person out to look at it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.