Jun 6, 2010
Central Indiana
Our First spring with pool and the water is looking good as are all the numbers except ph. Ph always wants to float up and stay around 8. We can get it down to about 7.6 with muriatic acid then it's back up to 8 again in a few day. So far this spring I've used a large container of ph down and a gallon of muriatic acid. Don't want to keep putting money into getting the ph down if it's not necessary.

So first question is should we just leave it where it wants to settle? Is this safe? If not, how do I get it down and keep if there?

fc- 5
Cc-0
Cya- between 40-50
Ta-120

I would just keep lowering it with acid and it should just settle in. That will also lower TA and it should slow the PH raise some.
If your CYA level is closer to 50 go with that number. The min FC for 50 is 4 and if it's closer to 40 min FC is 3.

When you adjust pH, take it down to 7.2. That increases the time between additions. It will also lower the TA faster, which should help stabilize things.

Also, if you have hard fill water, every time you add, you drive TA and pH up a little. Have you ever tested your fill water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.