Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New questions

1. Back To Top    #1

New questions

Thank you for your patience. What if I already have "jumbo tabs" of trichloro? This is a new pool with new water. I ordered the K 2006 test kit scheduled to get here early next week. As soon as I get the pump going I was going to put CYA in at 30ppm.
    1. Since I already have the jumbo tabs can I use them and how would you adjust the CYA knowing it's included already.
    2. What is potassium peroxymonosulfate aka blast?

25,600 gallons
    33 Ft. 52 Inch AG buried 2 FT. Chlorine
    250 lb Sand Filter 2HP Hayward Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New questions

The answer to using Trichlor to chlorinate and add CYA is Maybe.

Trichor is very acidic, so if your pH is low and your fill water doesn't have much alkalinity, you'll end up driving pH and TA down too low and have to spend money on baking soda and borax to raise them back up. Not much of a savings. If pH is high and TA is high out of the faucet, then they might be okay to use. Without test results on the fill water, there's no way to know.

The good news is that they'll keep for years and years if you keep them dry so you can use them in a floater when you leave town.

The potassium peroxymonosulfate is a non-chlorine "shock." It will kill algae and bleach liners like bleach, but it has no sanitizing properties. If you follow the TFP way of pool maintenance, you'll never need it. Ever.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I want to follow the TFP way. It is the most definitive sanitizing process I have found and that is my #1 goal to keep a properly sanitized pool.

25,600 gallons
    33 Ft. 52 Inch AG buried 2 FT. Chlorine
    250 lb Sand Filter 2HP Hayward Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
    I want to follow the TFP way. It is the most definitive sanitizing process I have found and that is my #1 goal to keep a properly sanitized pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    If you follow the TFPC method's you will have a properly sanitized pool. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.