Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I Think I Finally Got It!

1. Back To Top    #1

I Think I Finally Got It!

We got our round above ground pool last year and used Baquacil and this year we are using BBB. It has taken me a couple of weeks to get the hang of trying to get my readings correct. I have the Taylor K-2006 kit. I took a reading at 6pm and here are my results:

FC - 6
    CC - 8
    PH - 7.2
    TA - 100
    CYA - 30

If I am correct, I need to raise the PH and the CYA is borderline? Please advise. By the way, when I removed my cover to open my pool the water was just as crystal clear as it was when I closed it. SO far so good.
    Sandybele

30" X 52" Round Above Ground Pool, Hayward Pump, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I Think I Finally Got It!

Hi, welcome to TFP! If your CC is truly 8 then you need to complete the SLAM process. Did you do a Baquacil to chlorine conversion last pool season?

You pH and CYA are fine for now.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!

Did you do the conversion from Baq to chlorine? It does not appear like you did based on the high CC levels (that should be zero).

Review this: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ol-to-chlorine
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I did exactly what the pool store told me to do when I opened my pool. This is the first time I have gotten my FC up and the CC up like that. When I did the test for the cc some of the water spilled out prior to testing so maybe I need to retest my cc as it probably is not accurate. I will retest in the morning and see what the difference is.
    Sandybele

30" X 52" Round Above Ground Pool, Hayward Pump, sand filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Forget what the pool store told you. You need to follow the process in the link I provided to remove all the Baq product in the pool. Then you need to replace the sand in your filter due to the gunk build up.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Think of CC as chlorine that got killed fighting algae. If you have no algae, there will not be any CC
    If you have algae, your CC will be high... Anything above .5 is considered high
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Did you do the whole conversion Sandybele? Those CC's are awfully high. Can you retest the water now so we can get a good jump on it tonight while the sun is going down?
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter