Hello all

May 30, 2014
auburn indiana
Well to start off I hope I found the right place. There appears to be a lot of useful information to be obtained here. At any rate I have a bit of a situation. This year we decided to start our pool up again and have run into a plethora of issues. Our original sand filter is a sand dollar but the top is shot and it is leaking. The pump itself which is only 2 years old is now leaking at the base of the leaf catcher ( op side of motor ). So we started looking at sand filters and pump combos. I came across this Intex 1200 gph pump/filter combo and was wondering if this would work on our pool. We have an 18 X 52 or 54 inch pool with your standard skimmer and return. We are extremely tight with money right now so obviously we are looking for the cheapest way out at this point.

Thank you in advance for any intel you can throw this guys way.

Check the drain plug on the pump strainer pot. It should be snug. If it is not that may be the source of your leak. If money is tight sometimes you can find a good deal on a used pump or filter on Craigslist.

Thank you for the prompt response. I have never heard the word anemic reffered with regards to anything other than anemia so I can only guess lol that you are saying it is a little lacking. Also with the statement regarding adapters I take it then I will most certainly need adapters for the skimmer and return. Forgive my ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Check the drain plug on the pump strainer pot. It should be snug. If it is not that may be the source of your leak. If money is tight sometimes you can find a good deal on a used pump or filter on Craigslist.

Yeah it is leaking where the base connects to the body towards the front RIGHT under the drain plug. It is a hayward pump and is kind of frustrating to say the least. Murphy's law at work. We ended up spending more time at the lake last year so we never set it up and it sat around and now our grandson is old enough to enjoy the pool we wanted to get it running again. All is well with the integrity of the pool with the exception of the main driving force lol. The water appears to be " surging " if you will and every time is " surges " water will spray out of that leak.

Probably a weird choice of words ... sorry about that, but it is definition #2 ;) And honestly, I have no idea if you need adapters or not. I just thought the Intex uses proprietary hoses and may need something if your pool is not Intex. Someone else may be able to help.

I would get the best pump/filter you can afford. I'd also suggest looking at Craig's List as they have a pile of pool items virtually given away every year! You just have to see it first! I bought a brand new Hayward DE pump and filter on there 2 years ago for $200 and it came with a bunch of other stuff like sweeper hose, 2 telescopic poles, 2 DE Filters for parts, ect...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.