Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Midnight Blue Stonescapes in North Dallas/Richardson/Plano Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Midnight Blue Stonescapes in North Dallas/Richardson/Plano Texas

Hello. My husband and I are renovating a 40' x 20' pool in North Dallas. We would love to see a midnight blue Stonescapes mini pebble finished pool. We love the color but are afraid it will be too dark. Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to let us see their midnight blue pool in person and take a picture of it next to our tile? We would be so greatful!

Take care.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Midnight Blue Stonescapes in North Dallas/Richardson/Plano Texas

Welcome to TFP!

Keep in mind that in our Texas sun, a dark color is probably going to aid in heating your water. Some like a warm pool, I don't.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I was not aware when we chose ours that the hard water and high ph will cause scaling, leaving white streaks in the bottom - it takes a lot of acid to keep it on track.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

4. Back To Top    #4

I never thought of that, thank you. The other two colors we are considering are Tahoe Blue and Tropics Blue. Would the same issue apply to those colors as they are lighter than the Midnight Blue?

5. Back To Top    #5

I would think it would be less noticeable - you will still have to manage the ph - in any pool. If I had known, I don't think I would have chosen this dark a color. They definitely are beautiful but high maintenance, at least for me!
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill