A while ago, I was advised here , gratefully, that I should stay away from snake oil products like phosphate remover in order to "clarify" my pool. Thing is, recently, Ive been dumping soooo much chlorine to little avail. Pool gets somewhat clear/"blu" vs green, then gets green so soon afterward (within days).
I know first thing youre gonna ask is for "specs", so I can say specs on pool chemistry is always within limits- stabilizer has been about 60-80ppm, alkalinity is 120 or so, chlorine of course varies from shocks, then down to maybe 2-3ppm when getting greenish. Calcium is HIGH (450+ ppm). Some whitish scaling on pool tiles, thats all. Sand filter which is years old, but I backwash 1X/week.
They said my phosphate is 700ppm. And they said algae used phos to "eat/grow", which we know is true, but to the extent that that is my problem- I am not convinced. They told me since we have a phospphate plant within about 40 miles away (straight shot), it is in the air, and that I also believe (we get iron dust from the Sahara in the SE US, why not phosphorous specs from 30-40 miles away).
IF I remove the phos with the lanthanum elixir, will I get better control of my algae problem?