Hayward AquaPlus Aux1 Timer

mpride

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2008
Sugar Land Texas
Well, with all the problems I’ve had with my Hayward AquaPlus controller I now have a problem I created. I was opening up the box to look at an onboard fuse I plan to replace with a lower amp circuit breaker (another issue) I accidentally touched the bottom of the board with a screwdriver. No I didn’t shut off the breakers because I had not planned to really do anything except look. When I did this I shorted something momentarily. I didn’t see or smell smoke and everything seemed to be functioning alright. However, I’ve found that my booster pump will not automatically turn on anymore. It’s connected to Aux1 and I can turn it on manually in service mode but the timer doesn’t work anymore. The pump still turns on automatically though.

Does anyone have any idea what I may have damaged on the board and/or how I might go about troubleshooting this problem? Any help or idea will be welcome!

Since it works in service mode, the relay is still good. That suggests to me that it might be a programming issue. Try double checking the schedule and make sure the booster pump is still scheduled to turn on.

Since it works in service mode, the relay is still good. That suggests to me that it might be a programming issue. Try double checking the schedule and make sure the booster pump is still scheduled to turn on.

Thanks for the reply.

I did check the timers and they are correct. Aux1 (booster pump) is scheduled to run at the same time the main pump runs on high speed. The main pump starts but the booster doesn't. I really don't know what to do with it. Is there anything else I might check.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I hate to think that I'll have to purchase a new board to replace this one to correct this problem. On the other hand, I can't imagine that I'm going to remember to manually turn the booster pump on each day either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.