Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward AquaPlus Aux1 Timer

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward AquaPlus Aux1 Timer

Well, with all the problems Iíve had with my Hayward AquaPlus controller I now have a problem I created. I was opening up the box to look at an onboard fuse I plan to replace with a lower amp circuit breaker (another issue) I accidentally touched the bottom of the board with a screwdriver. No I didnít shut off the breakers because I had not planned to really do anything except look. When I did this I shorted something momentarily. I didnít see or smell smoke and everything seemed to be functioning alright. However, Iíve found that my booster pump will not automatically turn on anymore. Itís connected to Aux1 and I can turn it on manually in service mode but the timer doesnít work anymore. The pump still turns on automatically though.

Does anyone have any idea what I may have damaged on the board and/or how I might go about troubleshooting this problem? Any help or idea will be welcome!
    Mark
    IG Gunite * White Plaster * 26'9" x 14' * 310sqft * 70' Perimeter * 9300 Gallons * 2 Main Drains
    2 Skimmers * 4 Jets * Aqua Plus Control System * Aqua Rite Salt System * C3025 Cartridge Filter
    Tristar 2HP 2 Speed Pump * H400K Heater * Phantom w/Booster Pump * ColorLogic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward AquaPlus Aux1 Timer

Since it works in service mode, the relay is still good. That suggests to me that it might be a programming issue. Try double checking the schedule and make sure the booster pump is still scheduled to turn on.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Since it works in service mode, the relay is still good. That suggests to me that it might be a programming issue. Try double checking the schedule and make sure the booster pump is still scheduled to turn on.
    Thanks for the reply.

I did check the timers and they are correct. Aux1 (booster pump) is scheduled to run at the same time the main pump runs on high speed. The main pump starts but the booster doesn't. I really don't know what to do with it. Is there anything else I might check.
    Mark
    IG Gunite * White Plaster * 26'9" x 14' * 310sqft * 70' Perimeter * 9300 Gallons * 2 Main Drains
    2 Skimmers * 4 Jets * Aqua Plus Control System * Aqua Rite Salt System * C3025 Cartridge Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I hate to think that I'll have to purchase a new board to replace this one to correct this problem. On the other hand, I can't imagine that I'm going to remember to manually turn the booster pump on each day either.
    Mark

5. Back To Top    #5

Can you use Aux 2 instead? See if it works then?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!