Service Tech Algacide Use: Bio Dex Skill it vs All Clear Algaecide 60

arizona480

In The Industry
Mar 10, 2013
The BioDex is popular here in the Phoenix area, I've used copper regularly, then the Skill It, since the 60 is recommended here on the board if needed, I was wondering if I should make the change to the 60. The prices are similar between the two. My main issue with the skill it is having to clean up the "scum rings" it leaves behind.

If I can find some legible product sheets or labels on the AC 60 I will post it, but it probably is comparable to the better 60's:

Bio Dex Skill It: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71ROdnuvBSL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for any info!

Why do you need to use any of that? If you maintain adequate FC (which is a function of your CYA level), then there is no need for any of those expensive products since algae will not be able to grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw that you are ITI, so likely have different needs than the members to which this forum is aimed and my above comment was for.

Why do you need to use any of that? If you maintain adequate FC (which is a function of your CYA level), then there is no need for any of those expensive products since algae will not be able to grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw that you are ITI, so likely have different needs than the members to which this forum is aimed and my above comment was for.

That's right, so with twice a week service, I still have to use trichlor and want some preventative algaecide in there with the March-July tree droppings, flowers, and the neglected yards.

We have found that polyquat based algaecides (Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride], essentially all of the '60' algaecides) are the most effective with the fewest side effects.

We have found that polyquat based algaecides (Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride], essentially all of the '60' algaecides) are the most effective with the fewest side effects.

Excellent, and they don't neutralize the FC or add to the CC? The Copper Sulfate did and the Skill It (the ammonia) seems to deplete the FC as well. One property liked the Skill-It for the bee control, but I'm getting a lot of them in the skimmer and I really rather not contribute to the decline of their population.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.