Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with a fitting

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with a fitting

I have a pool light that is also a return jet. It appears as though the hose fitting is made into the fixture and is for the slip over hose. I want to convert that to hard pipe and wanted to know what others have done.

Thanks
    25,600 gallons
    33 Ft. 52 Inch AG buried 2 FT. Chlorine
    250 lb Sand Filter 2HP Hayward Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with a fitting

I actually would think of that as a single unit. I have seen return fittings with lamps in them and if they fail, you replace the whole assembly. I have also seen water powered LEDs. Is the fixture a single piece or is it a collection of fittings plus the lamp body?

Most the the return fittings, non-lighted, are actually made of of several different pieces and they can be bought separately or together. The tailpiece outside the pool would be called a hose adapter.

Do you have a good above ground parts dealer nearby? I have found my AG shop to be very helpful in resolving fitting issues.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

I do and did without much luck. Just did some research and found someone used a Drain and Trap Connector. I assume like this one. Has anyone used one of these for this?

draintrap.jpg
    25,600 gallons
    33 Ft. 52 Inch AG buried 2 FT. Chlorine
    250 lb Sand Filter 2HP Hayward Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

That can work for a while. They typically last a few years and then fail.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School