Neat new product I found at the pool store

Mar 29, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/FLOLight-Wireless-Swimming-Pool-Light/dp/B00JJZFLLA

I have been kicking myself for 3 years since installing our pool that I didn't put lighted bubblers on our tanning ledge. I even looked in to getting them replaced but with the concrete work, etc. it just didn't make any sense.

Enter the product I found yesterday. These screw into the returns and have a little impeller that powers a generator that powers 8 LEDs. No wiring, no trouble and only $30.00 each. I figured they were worth a try.

For my application on bubblers, they work awesomely! They don't throw a ton of light so I think in a pool lighting scenario they wouldn't do that well but when uplighting a stream of water from bubblers they are perfect.

I have no affiliation with these at all other than they solved a problem for me I thought was unsolvable. Time will tell how long they last but for now they are perfect.

The reviews are certainly nothing to write home about. Also does not sound like a good product for use on bubblers since they stick up from the floor to be kicked and stepped on.

I saw them at a Leslie's pool store and was thinking the same thing about using them for my two tanning shelf bubblers. I thought about the problem of them being kicked and broken but I thought that for evening parties when people were more around the pool rather than in it, that it would be nice to use them and remove afterward. The $60 price tag for two also made me hesitate however.

Wow. Talk about coincidence. I stopped in at the pool store today to pick up a new bulb for my niche and saw these on the way out. Like everything else in the local pool store, they had no price on them. They save the sticker SHOCK for at the register. My guess is they were more than that. I didn't want to ask as there were a line of people waiting to get their crappy test results on their pools. One person said they could barely see the bottom of the pool. Employee suggested some magic bullet container that you attach to a hose and spray on the surface of the pool with who-know's-what in it. The next guy needed to add acid to bring his pH down based on his test results, the employee told him to turn off the pump and add WITHOUT circulation. Great idea! :crazy:

I got the **** out of there with my bulb and without buying the cyanuric acid I might need as the store employee's reply to my asking about whether or not they had granular stabilizer or cyanuric acid was: "Umm.... we have uhh... hydrochloric acid over there... I think?"

That place is criminal.

They don't sit flush with the surface but they are not very high at all. You can step on them and they are wide and flat and are only 1-2mm up from the surface. Fine for my application. I like 'em.

Wow. Talk about coincidence. I stopped in at the pool store today to pick up a new bulb for my niche and saw these on the way out. Like everything else in the local pool store, they had no price on them. They save the sticker SHOCK for at the register. My guess is they were more than that. I didn't want to ask as there were a line of people waiting to get their crappy test results on their pools. One person said they could barely see the bottom of the pool. Employee suggested some magic bullet container that you attach to a hose and spray on the surface of the pool with who-know's-what in it. The next guy needed to add acid to bring his pH down based on his test results, the employee told him to turn off the pump and add WITHOUT circulation. Great idea! :crazy:

I got the **** out of there with my bulb and without buying the cyanuric acid I might need as the store employee's reply to my asking about whether or not they had granular stabilizer or cyanuric acid was: "Umm.... we have uhh... hydrochloric acid over there... I think?"

That place is criminal.

^^^^ OMG!

I saw them in Leslie's too the last time I was in there to exchange some of my fitting pieces. Pretty cool idea and would be nice for me since I don't have any way to have any sort of light in my pool. (No more extension cords please. 1 is enough.)
I wasn't too keen on the $30 either...maybe some day when I feel like spending some money.

^^^^ OMG!

I saw them in Leslie's too the last time I was in there to exchange some of my fitting pieces. Pretty cool idea and would be nice for me since I don't have any way to have any sort of light in my pool. (No more extension cords please. 1 is enough.)
I wasn't too keen on the $30 either...maybe some day when I feel like spending some money.

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 248

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pigeon. It isn't an above ground pool. I just don't know how to change my signature. I don't know where that signature line came from. Mine is a gunite in ground, around 40K gallons and I'm in Texas. I need to figure out how to fix that since it is confusing as heck.
Thanks for the kudos on the bubblers. I love it. At night it really makes me happy to see light where I thought it wasn't possible to have any without spending thousands of dollars.

slappie, at the top of the page towards the right there is a link for "Settings" click that then look in the column on the left towards the bottom there is "my settings" under that there is a link for "Edit Signature".

I think there's a few erroneous signatures floating around that has something to do with a recent software change here. :)

I too wish I had lighted bubblers. I would try these but I have the telescoping type, don't know if you screw those out if it is the same as a pool return fitting? I'll have to investigate...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.