Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Neat new product I found at the pool store

1. Back To Top    #1

Neat new product I found at the pool store

http://www.amazon.com/FLOLight-Wirel.../dp/B00JJZFLLA

I have been kicking myself for 3 years since installing our pool that I didn't put lighted bubblers on our tanning ledge. I even looked in to getting them replaced but with the concrete work, etc. it just didn't make any sense.

Enter the product I found yesterday. These screw into the returns and have a little impeller that powers a generator that powers 8 LEDs. No wiring, no trouble and only $30.00 each. I figured they were worth a try.

For my application on bubblers, they work awesomely! They don't throw a ton of light so I think in a pool lighting scenario they wouldn't do that well but when uplighting a stream of water from bubblers they are perfect.

I have no affiliation with these at all other than they solved a problem for me I thought was unsolvable. Time will tell how long they last but for now they are perfect.
    40K Gallon gunite chlorine diving pool with spa, Blue Granite finish
    Jandy Watercolors LED lights (2 pool, 1 spa)
    Jandy equipment with RS8 controller
    Borates added in the form of Borax and Acid.
    Prosper Texas

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Neat new product I found at the pool store

Any pics? Also kicking myself for not going with LED bubblers but for the price they wanted I just couldn't justify it, this may solve the issue.
    18k gallon IG Sunstone Pearl pebble finish pool, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Jandy 1.5HP VS E-Pump, Jandy 60sqft DE filter, Jandy Legacy Propane Heater, Polaris 3900 Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir, Anchor Mesh pool cover

3. Back To Top    #3

There's a picture on the link. I like the product, I'd buy them in a second if they weren't $30 a pop. I think my wife would be not so happy if I spent $120 on those.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

The reviews are certainly nothing to write home about. Also does not sound like a good product for use on bubblers since they stick up from the floor to be kicked and stepped on.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Good catch. I didn't get as far as the reviews since I saw they would set me back $120.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I saw them at a Leslie's pool store and was thinking the same thing about using them for my two tanning shelf bubblers. I thought about the problem of them being kicked and broken but I thought that for evening parties when people were more around the pool rather than in it, that it would be nice to use them and remove afterward. The $60 price tag for two also made me hesitate however.
    19,000 gal aqua blue pebble sheen, 3.5-7 ft. depth, chiseled flagstone coping, spillover spa, raised back wall with stacked stone face including two columns and curved wall water feature with three 18" sheer descents, two bubblers on 5' x 10' suntanning shelf, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU, Pentair Legend, Rainbow 320 chlorinator (now unused), K-2006 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow. Talk about coincidence. I stopped in at the pool store today to pick up a new bulb for my niche and saw these on the way out. Like everything else in the local pool store, they had no price on them. They save the sticker SHOCK for at the register. My guess is they were more than that. I didn't want to ask as there were a line of people waiting to get their crappy test results on their pools. One person said they could barely see the bottom of the pool. Employee suggested some magic bullet container that you attach to a hose and spray on the surface of the pool with who-know's-what in it. The next guy needed to add acid to bring his pH down based on his test results, the employee told him to turn off the pump and add WITHOUT circulation. Great idea!

I got the **** out of there with my bulb and without buying the cyanuric acid I might need as the store employee's reply to my asking about whether or not they had granular stabilizer or cyanuric acid was: "Umm.... we have uhh... hydrochloric acid over there... I think?"

That place is criminal.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

They don't sit flush with the surface but they are not very high at all. You can step on them and they are wide and flat and are only 1-2mm up from the surface. Fine for my application. I like 'em.
    Prosper Texas

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Wow. Talk about coincidence. I stopped in at the pool store today to pick up a new bulb for my niche and saw these on the way out. Like everything else in the local pool store, they had no price on them. They save the sticker SHOCK for at the register. My guess is they were more than that. I didn't want to ask as there were a line of people waiting to get their crappy test results on their pools. One person said they could barely see the bottom of the pool. Employee suggested some magic bullet container that you attach to a hose and spray on the surface of the pool with who-know's-what in it. The next guy needed to add acid to bring his pH down based on his test results, the employee told him to turn off the pump and add WITHOUT circulation. Great idea!

I got the **** out of there with my bulb and without buying the cyanuric acid I might need as the store employee's reply to my asking about whether or not they had granular stabilizer or cyanuric acid was: "Umm.... we have uhh... hydrochloric acid over there... I think?"

That place is criminal.
    ^^^^ OMG!

I saw them in Leslie's too the last time I was in there to exchange some of my fitting pieces. Pretty cool idea and would be nice for me since I don't have any way to have any sort of light in my pool. (No more extension cords please. 1 is enough.)
    I wasn't too keen on the $30 either...maybe some day when I feel like spending some money.
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Beens View Post
    ^^^^ OMG!

I saw them in Leslie's too the last time I was in there to exchange some of my fitting pieces. Pretty cool idea and would be nice for me since I don't have any way to have any sort of light in my pool. (No more extension cords please. 1 is enough.)
    I wasn't too keen on the $30 either...maybe some day when I feel like spending some money.
    Here is a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Prosper Texas

11. Back To Top    #11

Slappie - how did you do a tanning ledge with an above ground pool? I'd love that!

(Your setup with the bubblers looks great!).
    28 ft round ABG with ~6ft deep end, approx. 20,000 gal, 2 spd 2 HP pump, sand filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Pigeon. It isn't an above ground pool. I just don't know how to change my signature. I don't know where that signature line came from. Mine is a gunite in ground, around 40K gallons and I'm in Texas. I need to figure out how to fix that since it is confusing as heck.
    Thanks for the kudos on the bubblers. I love it. At night it really makes me happy to see light where I thought it wasn't possible to have any without spending thousands of dollars.
    Prosper Texas

13. Back To Top    #13

slappie, at the top of the page towards the right there is a link for "Settings" click that then look in the column on the left towards the bottom there is "my settings" under that there is a link for "Edit Signature".

I think there's a few erroneous signatures floating around that has something to do with a recent software change here.
    18' x 48" (42" water depth) Intex Metal Frame 6,700 Gallons
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.0 HP pump
    Hayward Pro Series S166T Sand Filter
    Original Intex Floating Skimmer

14. Back To Top    #14

I too wish I had lighted bubblers. I would try these but I have the telescoping type, don't know if you screw those out if it is the same as a pool return fitting? I'll have to investigate...
    Blaine

50' x 22' 27k gal shotcrete freeform, 2hp 2 sp Pentair Whisperflo, Pool Pilot RC-52 SWCG, Pentair TR 100 sand filter, Polaris 280, 2 Pentair Intellibrite LED lights with controller, french gray plaster, Butterfield U-20 "smoke"integral colored salt finish concrete cantilever deck on one side, flagstone coping on the other.

My pool build:
    osage-hills-pool-build-t50526.html

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by slappie View Post
    Pigeon. It isn't an above ground pool. I just don't know how to change my signature. I don't know where that signature line came from.
    I deleted that errant signature. Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

16. Back To Top    #16

Fixed Signature
    Prosper Texas