Best cover to prevent water loss

Hi guys,

I got a notification from out local water district stating that our Stage 3 watering restrictions are in effect until Oct. 31, and hopefully won't have to go to stage 4, which means, no outside watering! So I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations as far as some sort of cover to prevent water loss.

I'd also like to avoid anything that would also heat the pool, as the pool gets a lot of intense sunlight as it is, and gets unbearably hot in the summer. Are there reflactive covers, and if so, would this be dangerous to any passing planes/helicopters?

Eventually we'd like to work on having something along the lines of a carport installed over the pool, which would deflect the overhead sun, but it's not in the budget right now :( And I'd still need a cover to prevent water loss, if not from sun, from winds?

Thanks for all of your help!

Any solar cover will stop water loss due to evaporation. The pool is constantly losing heat due to evaporation. If you stop the evaporation (i.e. prevent water loss) the pool will get warmer than it otherwise would.

Reflective covers are very very rare. I've seen a few that were designed to have the reflective side down, which can be used the other way around, but they are rare.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.