Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: thanks, new pool up and ready

1. Back To Top    #1

thanks, new pool up and ready

Hi, thanks for answering my questions during the setup of my Intex 16' round Ultra frame. It gave me some piece of mind as I struggled to dig and level and put this thing together. Reading lots of other posts has really helped. No leaks, within an inch all around and water is a balmly 65 degrees already!! Kids don't mind and have gone in more than once.

16' round Intex Ultra Frame, Sand filter, filled May 25, 2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: thanks, new pool up and ready

Looks fantastic! Congratulations! !!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice, how did you level the area?

16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

[QUOTE=Slammed01;663040]Very nice, how did you level the area?

Thanks. Basically, about half the circle of ground was about 4 inches higher, so I just dug it out with a shovel until it looked fairly level. The ground was quite hard and stable. I then stuck large patio bricks into the ground where each post was to go. Had to dig little holes for them. I used a level from one brick to the next to make sure they were inline. I used the level on a board to level the bricks with ones further apart. Then i put the top part of the frame on the bricks to make sure it was still level and bricks in the right spot. I didn't use any sand, i put an old pool bottom and a couple tarps on the ground to protect the bottom of liner. Not sure how soft is on the feet, but my kids haven't complained. I won't be going in until it hits 80 degrees

Landscaping and construction are not my forte, so I was definitely a struggle for me. Others on here have done a much more professional leveling job then I, but it seems to have turned out ok.
    16' round Intex Ultra Frame, Sand filter, filled May 25, 2014

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice, I'm removing sod in a 20x20 area and can't wait to get started. Waiting for a buddy to lmk when he's free lol

16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Outstanding!

Keep on top of the chemistry and it will look that good all summer long. Some time in late August you'll be so proud that your pool sparkles while the neighbors are shovelling shocks and flocs and clarifiers in their murky messes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!