Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fencing - anyone with pictures of mixed type fencing?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fencing - anyone with pictures of mixed type fencing?

Right now we are planning on white vinyl across the front to block from the street and black aluminum down side of yard and black chain link across back and down side in the tree line.

Does anyone have pictures where they used multiple types? Right now the changes occur on a corner - I would like to make the change from white vinyl to the black aluminum in the same line but am afraid that might look worse.

Thanks for any input!
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG
    3 Deck Jet II fountains, Hayward H400 Propane Heater, TFT100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fencing - anyone with pictures of mixed type fencing?

Landscaping with large plantings can help bridge those spots where two different fences meet. A large elephant ear or tea olive tree for example.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I currently have 8ft CMU mixed with 3ft plywood that's probably not what you're thinking though.

In all seriousness the best I can do is, 6 ft Dog run chain link that butts into the CMU...
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Not the types you are looking for but if you look in our build thread (link in signature) you'll see black aluminum gates with split rail/metal mesh.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Not the types you are looking for but if you look in our build thread (link in signature) you'll see black aluminum gates with split rail/metal mesh.
    That is a beautiful patio and gorgeous water color! The way you have the gates mixed in with the fence works well - thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrcarcrazy View Post
    I currently have 8ft CMU mixed with 3ft plywood that's probably not what you're thinking though.

In all seriousness the best I can do is, 6 ft Dog run chain link that butts into the CMU...
    What is CMU? And if you do you have a picture? Thanks!
    28,600k IG, vinyl, 20X42X31 Lagoon, Savannah Tile/Sandstone liner, Hayward Swim-Clear 425 Cartridge Filter, Hayward 3/4hp TriStar Pump, 2 Color Logic Lights, SWG
    3 Deck Jet II fountains, Hayward H400 Propane Heater, TFT100 Test Kit