Intex Easy Set pump leaking (missing gasket?)

Jun 14, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I just set up my 10 x 30 Intex Easy Set pool for the second year. Unfortunately, I stored the pump without a box and I think it is missing a gasket/o-ring.

It's there definitely supposed to be an o-ring under the top cover? I tried making one out of a piece of rubber from a bucket lid, but it is still leaking.

The o-rings on the hoses were completely degraded and ripped, but it seems like they don't really matter that much if I tighten the clamps all the way.

The top is a big problem though. The water leaks out unless the pump is higher than the pool, and then the pump won't pump. Help!

You can get almost any replacement part on Intex's website, or check Amazon. As a quick fix, take the cover into a local hardware or plumbing supply store and see if you can find something to fit. I'll bet you can.

I called intex and the lady did give me three part numbers. The prices were reasonable, too, but shipping was almost $6 for $6 worth of parts! Amazon doesn't have the stuff. Checking menards now...

Wish it would have occurred to me to take the cover off before leaving the house. My thought was I can't disassemble the pump without the pool draining, but I didn't realize that of course I could take the cover. :-(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.