Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Easy Set pump leaking (missing gasket?)

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Easy Set pump leaking (missing gasket?)

I just set up my 10 x 30 Intex Easy Set pool for the second year. Unfortunately, I stored the pump without a box and I think it is missing a gasket/o-ring.

It's there definitely supposed to be an o-ring under the top cover? I tried making one out of a piece of rubber from a bucket lid, but it is still leaking.

The o-rings on the hoses were completely degraded and ripped, but it seems like they don't really matter that much if I tighten the clamps all the way.

The top is a big problem though. The water leaks out unless the pump is higher than the pool, and then the pump won't pump. Help!
    10' Intex Easy Set Pool with included filter, just over 1000 gallons. Fill water chlorine=1.5, fill water pH>8.2

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Easy Set pump leaking (missing gasket?)

You can get almost any replacement part on Intex's website, or check Amazon. As a quick fix, take the cover into a local hardware or plumbing supply store and see if you can find something to fit. I'll bet you can.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

3. Back To Top    #3

I called intex and the lady did give me three part numbers. The prices were reasonable, too, but shipping was almost $6 for $6 worth of parts! Amazon doesn't have the stuff. Checking menards now...

Wish it would have occurred to me to take the cover off before leaving the house. My thought was I can't disassemble the pump without the pool draining, but I didn't realize that of course I could take the cover.

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't know about the cover o-ring, but the o-rings for the hoses can be found at Menards for about 50 cents a piece.

It's a number 25.
    1-1/2" OD, 1-5/16" ID, 3/32" wall or
    38mm x 32mm x 2mm
    Intex Ultra Frame 26'x52"
    Intex 2,500 gal/hr pump with Unicel cartridge filter.