Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquapuer 1400 Error Code 170

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquapuer 1400 Error Code 170

Back in February, my SWG produced an error code of 170. After troubleshooting using a meter to measure current, it appeared to be a front board issue. I replaced the front board with what I thought was a good board and I am still getting a 170 error message. I am not sure about the new board since Jandy does not make my old board anymore.

At any rate, when I plugged in my old board, I was elated that the 170 error code did not appear. Then I realized I did not plug in the flow sensor, I turned the system off and plugged in the flow sensor and the 170 error code appeared once again. Could this mean that its still the front board issue?

2. Back To Top    #2

San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Re: Aquapuer 1400 Error Code 170

Techfan: Last year, I got an error code telling me the front board needed to be replaced. I was told to disconnect the sensor to see if the code went away, which it did. That was evidence that the problem was with the sensor, not the board. I went ahead and bought a new tri-sensor off the Internet (and an extension cable that was required to accommodate a new "daughterboard" at the end of the cable). That did the trick. So rather than paying for a new board (or a whole new system, as the pool guy recommended), it was <$200 for the sensor & cable. I hope this is it for you, too.