Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Superflo VS with easytouch?

1. Back To Top    #1

Gilbert, AZ

Superflo VS with easytouch?

Building a 18,000 gl in-ground in AZ, plumber says Pentair 342000 is a good choice. I'm adding an easytouch 8 with salt. Is the superflo the best choice for automation? The manual doesn't really go into detail about it. Also I will add a heat pump and 3 deck jet later on, no spa or other water features. Would I be better off telling him to go with the intelliflo? Thanks
    34x18' 18,000 gal in ground pebble, Pentair 3H VS pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, IC40 SWG, Easytouch 8 w/ screenlogic 2.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Superflo VS with easytouch?

The IntelliFlo integrates much more tightly with the automation system than the SuperFlo. With an IntelliFlo you can set up any pump speed you want directly on the EasyTouch. With the Super Flo you need to wire extra relays to the pump, only get three speeds max, need to setup the speeds on the pump, and have less well integrated/more limited control over the pump speed from the EasyTouch.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School