New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

This is a nice project you have going. Very intricate with the in-pool patio.

Dont feel bad about how its taking, or some of the issues that pop up. It's pretty much normal pool building stuff.
It is very rare, that the build goes 'as planned'. It always seems to be something that causes a problem.

Hi Divin Dave, would you please shed some lights on the situation that I am having with my equipments? The pool builder dropped off the equipments last week and started the install of equipments this week. When I got home the first day of the install, I found that instead of Intelliflo VS pump in my equipment list, they gave me the Pentair Challanger 3 HP 2 speed pumps. So I immediately asked them to change the pump to the right one the Intelliflo VS pump. They first said they ordered as contracted, then they told me that they ordered the right one but the PoolCorp delivered the wrong one. They will come out to switch out for me, no problem. At the same time, they installed the Pentair Whisperflo 2HP for the spa and three waterfalls. Today when I came home, they removed the Whisperflo 2 hp pump and put the Pentair Challenger pump (the one they suppose to take back) instead for the spa and waterfalls. So they took away the Whipserflo pump that was originally installed for the spa and waterfalls, and installed the wrong one again to the spa and waterfalls. So, my questions for you is that should I make a big deal about them putting the Pentair Challenger pump for the spa and waterfalls instead of Pentair Whisperflo? I just thought it is kind of deceiving on their end if they only meant to switch the main pool pump then why they also switch the pump that was original installed for the spa and water features to the pump that they suppose to return?

What is the difference between the two? I am better off with a 3 HP Challenger 2 speed pump or the original 2 HP Whisperflo Hign Pressure pump?

I can not help to think that PB is trying to pull a fast one on me. What do you think?

Thanks for your help in advance if you have any opinion on this matter since I know you love pool equipments and possess a lot of knowledge

buhu8a3u.jpg

Partially done equipment pad. They have no regard to my very hard to find Traveler Weeping Redbud tree....

Finally, something is about to happen to this pool project...... The equipment installation is finally done and electric panel is set.... Keeping our fingers crossed for the concrete coping crew to come and set up the foam form for Friday coping pour! The patio French door to the in pool dry deck and the ceiling to floor windows are also here too (waited 4 weeks for those things).....

428dcd8ab3663b7847de2bd339f858e6.jpg
e1b2e7e494cb5cfeb89829fd153dfda1.jpg

Change the concrete coping color from the original idea of grey coping to the light ivory color to show more contrast to the beautiful waterline tile...... I hope I made the right decision on this...... They gave us the option of upgrading to Leuter limestone coping at $8000..... We decided against it.... Hopefully that is also a good decision......
046be8aac81fa23028c7306418af800e.jpg
6169a41ee335772b2610a69e98a2413a.jpg

I like the change! The contrast will be wonderful!

Plumbing-take a GOOD picture of it and write what everything is and where it goes and what it does. Those labels can/will fade or come off.

One more step to a nice pool.

Kim

The tiles are beautiful. I really love them. I didn't see what you ended up choosing for your plaster (or are you still deciding?). We will have the option of using StoneScapes as well (whenever that may happen) so I am very interested in the color you choose. We started about the same time you did so we completely understand the frustration with the pace of the build. I'll keep posting "hang in there" and then you can post that to our thread and we'll still be frustrated but with great support! :) - Karen

Thank you Karen! I know that you guys have bigger problems than mine, and I looked at your thread often. I hope you guys got latest problems resolved.... Mine is just slow workers! I could not believe it took almost 1 month for the tile to be installed and they could not do anything else until the tiles are in. So I waited another month to get the gas and electric installed. And thus morning they are all over the front yard because they can not find where the sewer drain is to install the backwash...... Hang in there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just looked at the Mini Stone scapes samples that I have (I don't have the Jewel scapes) and the Tropics Blue looks like it would really pick up the tile you selected and compliment it very nicely. At least you have workers in your front yard :) Hang in there!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.