New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

I really think they are close enough. I tried every trick in the my book-eyes squinting, look at them sideways, etc and really could not tell a difference. With the mixture of colors in them I think you are good to go!

Kim

New pics of the tiles. The new ones are the bigger sheet, the small one is the original batch. What do you guys think?
aruhupaj.jpg
y8utenuz.jpg

I think I see what you are seeing. The smaller set does not have as much green in them so they look a tiny bit lighter. BUT saying that I do not think it would be enough of a difference to worry about. Once they are up and the water is shiny you will not notice.

BUT it is YOUR pool and YOU have to live with it. Do what works for YOU!

Kim

For the pool expert out there and who have infinity spa with glass tiles....Please look at my picture and tell me "is this normal ?"
aradedy9.jpg
yqyraber.jpg

at the corner of the square spa, there is not enough room for one complete tile......to meet up perfectly at the corner. Is this a normal way of doing things? I would imagine that they would measure the space and make it so the the tiles are meeting at the corner perfectly. I just sent the pictures to my designer and PB, for me this is not acceptable at all. How ugly it is going to be when you have to squeeze in a sliver of tiles in to that little space!!!!

Should I put this under s different thread to get more response from the experts on this forum?

Ok, nevermind. It is pretty cool that the designer and Chris Bailey reply at this late at night and put my mind at ease. In order for the tiles to line up on the face and also the top of the spa, they have to cut the tiles to compensate the thickness of the tiles. See pictures.
yqezate4.jpg
me7upajy.jpg
ymy8ures.jpg

We have an infinity spa covered in glass tiles. We think our tile guy did a pretty good job but in my eyes it's not perfect by any means. I still find things here and there that I believe could have been done different. However all my tiles do line up and there are no chopped tiles to complete the corners. No project will be 100% perfect, I know that's how we all want it. I mainly focus on things that will bother me as long as I own the home.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see what you mean BUT nothing is square. It will be fine. Look at any tile job, pool or house, and you will see a smaller tile section somewhere.........Hopefully they were thinking ahead and planned where the smaller tile pieces will go so it looks the best it can.

The guy who did the tile in my kitchen did a GREAT job and he was kind enough to explain the whys and whatfors to me as he did it. When he told me WHY he did something it made sense when the job was done. It is something that comes from experience. I was VERY glad for his experience!

We have a saying here-------------NEVER comment on a piece of "art" until it is done! You don't know where they are going to end up.

Kim

I'm glad your designer was able to put your mind at ease. I don't have glass tiles or an infinity spa (I don't even know what that is!) so I can't offer much guidance. I agree with kimkats and Northrider that you will always find pieces not perfectly set. But, hopefully, they will make the situation right for you! Let us know!

We have an infinity spa covered in glass tiles. We think our tile guy did a pretty good job but in my eyes it's not perfect by any means. I still find things here and there that I believe could have been done different. However all my tiles do line up and there are no chopped tiles to complete the corners. No project will be 100% perfect, I know that's how we all want it. I mainly focus on things that will bother me as long as I own the home.

Hi there, Northrider, you think that you can take a couple of pictures of the corners of your spa and share them with me? I am wondering how the tile works are done on your spa. The way my builder said make sense, and I am trying to imagine how yours is done without chopping up the tiles and have everything lines up. Only if it is not too much trouble. Thank you!

Can I just say I'd be freaked out over that tile job. Let us both hold our tongues before we fly off the handle on this one and see what the PB says! :shock:

I think this is going to be the longest built ever....so after almost a month, the tile work is finally done, but a fee area that the Mason has to come back and fix......however, here are a few pics for the completed spa and water wall tile work. It is very sparkling right now in the Texas hot sun!
u4u6e3ej.jpg
usyrupen.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.