New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

a5eza8et.jpg
upube3yq.jpg

We are getting there.....love the tiles on the water wall and the stepping pads! Next week, the spa and the sheer descents should be done. I did not realize how long it takes for the to work on the glass tiles. However, this tile crew are awesome! The head man is named Chris Bailey, and I think that he tiled the whole pool for Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones or his children....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Is the builder pool environments?

This is a nice project you have going. Very intricate with the in-pool patio.

Dont feel bad about how its taking, or some of the issues that pop up. It's pretty much normal pool building stuff.
It is very rare, that the build goes 'as planned'. It always seems to be something that causes a problem.

Hi jamcha02, the pool and over all master plan is designed by Melda Clark at Fineline Designs. She is great! I did meet with the designer at Pool Environments to ask them to bid on this project since the caliber of this project is pretty much in their neighborhood. I also like their projects shown on Houzz.com however, after meeting them at the house and they said they will submit their bid in a few weeks.....I emailed them again after not hearing from them after 3 weeks....still no response. I guess that I do not live in Highland Park, only live in Plano.....for the Pool Environments to work on my project. So Melda works with a company called Aquatechs, and that is my pool builder for this project. However Melda is pretty much the main contact for the whole project.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks, jamcha02! I love the design too. I feel that the design really address the tight space that we had and still make it very functional for us. The only down side is that we are paying for a 72'by 10' pool but the actual "pool area" is only about 40' x 10' .....anyhow, I thought it was rude of Pool Environments to not just flat out and tell me that " we are busy, and we are not interested in building your pool". Instead, they said they loved my design and would be happy to give me their bid to build the pool for me, and, in the end, wasted my time to wait on them...anyhow, Chris Bailey is quite a guy....very artistic looking and talented. he made several suggestions to make the water feature better. Really lucky to have him to work on my project. hopefully, the weather will cooperate tomorrow so the crew will come back to work on the spa and water wall....

Another set back...very frustrated right now. I do not think that we will have this done before the summer is over. The 2nd batch of tiles is totally different than the first batch...can not believe it. They installed all the waterline tiles and half of the waterwall...used all the tiles so PM ordered more. The 2nd batch came yesterday, and they used it to line the skimmers. When I got home, I immediate contact the PB and told them the new tiles are not the same as the original ones. PB came this morning and after a long discussion, they agreed the color is totally different. The new batch is darker than the original and they lack the brilliant aqua color that we just love, even though they are made by NPT and still Arctic Lagoon. Here is the picture of the new tiles and original tiles.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
skimmer mouth lined with tiles. The top one is crooked and kind of sloppily done but the 2nd one is nicely down. Should I ask them to redo the bad one, even though I am not going to be looking at the skimmer mouth all the time once the pool is in use. What do you all think?

vy4a2ebu.jpg
medujyga.jpg

Will you think about it every time you look in that area? Do you think it will matter to you in the long run? It might not even show up when every thing is in place.

I would at least point it out and say "hey I noticed this..........." even if you do not ask them to redo it. That way they will know you are looking and may cause them to use better care from now on.

Kim

That's a tough call. IMO, you have to decide how much it will bother you. Will your eye always go to that skimmer "just because" you know it's off?

A few of the pavers back behind our pool aren't laid exactly right. I've decided it's not worth having them correct it given it's location and how very little I would ever notice it.

What a huge difference in that tile! Sorry for the set backs... The pool is going to be great once completed! :cool:

vede2yhy.jpg

So...is this close enough? The top is the original tile. The bottom one is the new found batch of tiles. Only have 33 sf....just enough to finish the water wall. I still think there is a slight difference in the coloring of those tiles. What do you guys think?

vede2yhy.jpg

So...is this close enough? The top is the original tile. The bottom one is the new found batch of tiles. Only have 33 sf....just enough to finish the water wall. I still think there is a slight difference in the coloring of those tiles. What do you guys think?

It looks identical to me. If you don't tell anyone - no way they'd be able to discern between the two

I don't think the picture is at the best angle to compare them. Can you try to take a
picture looking down onto both of them together? The original
one seems off in the distance a bit more.

I don't think the picture is at the best angle to compare them. Can you try to take a
picture looking down onto both of them together? The original
one seems off in the distance a bit more.

Ok, will do another picture tomorrow morning. I took the picture this afternoon, with the sun blaring bright. I took the picture at an angle to avoid the iridescent surface finish to come out, because when the iridescent bounce off the surface of those tiles, everything looks the same.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.