New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

cchopkins, your pool will be beautiful and the tiles will complement your pool design. Nice choice on the tiles, we have similar tastes ;).

Wow you have a lot of work planned for your outdoor space and from the plans it looks beautiful. What is the projected completion date for all three phases?

CCistope, yes, we have big plan for our yard and had a b master plan drew up by the architecture designer.....we were going to do it all, but after the sticker shock, we will spread out the project over a couple of years. I do a lot of gardening and landscaping myself, so it may take awhile before I have those done. We got a bit of extra cost to pay for due to city requirement of having tempered glass for all window and doors within the 5 feet of water. So, there is added 15k we have to spend now to bring the side along the pool up to code by replacing all windows.....

I love these compact pools in these tight spaces! It is amazing what you can do with a BIG imagination and a small space AND you are making it happen! I love it!!!

I've never seen a built in patio and I'm curious how that is going to turn out. What color plaster/pebble have you chosen? And, I have to tell you that I love the tile! I know you said it's an upgrade but WOW! You will have a lot of comps on it! Just remember that when the bill comes in... just keep saying, It's so pretty! :mrgreen: Oh and how deep is the pool? I don't remember seeing that mentioned.

I like bedroom door that steps out to the pool. I would add a step and you are ready to go for those late night skinny dips after the kids have gone to bed. Add some towel hooks and you are done. No walking thru the house to the back shower.

I think you made the right choice with those tiles. A pool that close to the house has to be considered an extension of the house and the design an asset to the house.
How about those trees over the pool- will there be enough room to rake them out when they fall? Or perhaps another expense to consider is an automatic cover?

Finally, the waterline tiles are in...took 2 days just for those to be unstalled. Those tiles really shine under the sun! Next will be working and building up the water feature with 3 sheer descents. Excited!
ehyhe2e9.jpg
3yru7u4e.jpg
ene8yhum.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
hi Casey, the pool depth was originally from 3' to 6' at the end toward the spa. However, the city of Plano said that it has to be 1to 1 ratio from the house, which is 1 foot deep to be 1 foot from the foundation. So, we can not have the deep end to be 6 ' deep. Instead, we have a sport pool set up with 3.5' to 5 to 4'. Good for volley ball.

The tiles look great on the pool and they really do shine!

I'm really interested in seeing the patio portion of the pool completed as I've never seen that done before.

Not much a progress since they finished the waterline tiles....The mason started to build on the water feature with three 36 inches sheer descents and the columns for low bowl planters..I hope that they get this done and tile the spa by the end of this coming week.
6a4abe6a.jpg
arare8yj.jpg

a5eza8et.jpg
upube3yq.jpg

We are getting there.....love the tiles on the water wall and the stepping pads! Next week, the spa and the sheer descents should be done. I did not realize how long it takes for the to work on the glass tiles. However, this tile crew are awesome! The head man is named Chris Bailey, and I think that he tiled the whole pool for Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones or his children....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.