New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

WOW! I LOVE that tile! You got it so right!

I bet this kind of brush would work for the in between, close areas.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Devil-B3...TF8&qid=1417032751&sr=8-6&keywords=brush+pool

I got mine from Home Depot.

Kim

that's the same brush I ordered. Many of the reviews I read said that most of the pool brushes get worn out each season. I'm sure with start up brushing, it shortens the life even more.

CC - where is your fire pit???? What is the status -Karen

that's the same brush I ordered. Many of the reviews I read said that most of the pool brushes get worn out each season. I'm sure with start up brushing, it shortens the life even more.

CC - where is your fire pit???? What is the status -Karen

Hi Karen, it is coming.....At the last minute, I added three modern tall planters that you see at the dry deck area to make the area more interesting and also match the bow planters at the water wall. Now the planters are in, I can actually visualize what size of the fire pit that I am going to get. I am a very visual person, and I need to see everything before I decide. So, in the next couple of days, I will make a mock up the fire pit in 40 inches diameter and 50 inches diameter to see which size will work for the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had my first taste of brushing those water channels.....Zethacat, you are definitively right about those channels.....DIFFICULT! Especially the PB did not get me a short and small brush in my start up package. I had to use whatever brush that I found around the house until I get the right brush ordered. The start up guy said that he will bring me one on Friday.

That looks fantastic cc. You went with french gray plaster too? In our pool (we have the diamondbrite version) it makes the water the exact same color as our tiles, we have the same glass tiles as you. It is so utterly beautiful, I know you are going to love it. Especially with your infinity spa, its really going to look like infinity. The planters all look fantastic with flowers in them, a bit of water and a bit of landscaping and everything changes drastically.
I'm dead jealous of the ability to step out from your master bedroom into the pool. I had always dreamed of being able to step right out of my bedroom in the morning and go swimming. Well since I'm pretty stoked having a pool is a dream that actually came true, I'm getting over the fact our bedroom is on the front of the house, but what you have is really great.

Well, bad news of the day are......1st. the pool light is not working. The start up guy can not get it to turn on. The spa light is working and very pretty. Will add some pictures later. 2nd, my beautiful water wall with three water sheer descents are way too loud.....the start up guy turned them on today....it is like a Niagara fall in the back yard....not soothing at all. Hopefully, they can adjust the volume of water coming through the water features. The 3 sheer descents are powered by a dedicated 3HP pump. I thought it was excessive when they installed it, but they told me the bigger the better. It is always better to have more power than less.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Has your PB worked on your waterfall? How is the brushing going? Have you been in the hot tub?

Kim

Hi KIm, thanks for asking......so far, we have not gotten into the hot tub yet.....the PB is saying the way the waterfall is is pretty much the way it is going to be. I adjusted the valve to the waterfall and tone it down a bit. It is still loud though.....however, they are not going to change the pump because they do not think a 2 HP will drive total 9 feet of water through the sheer descents. I tried to call other pool builders and inquired about the needed power to drive the waterfall, but all of them are pretty vague since they do not like to criticize their own people in the industry. One did said 3HP pump may be excessive but he can not say for sure since he does not know the hydraulic pressure needed for those sheer descents.

The other issue that I am having is the infinity spa. The water does not go over the edge nice and easily. In the morning, the pump starts, and there are water trickling down 2 of the sides. In the mid afternoon, there is no water going over the edge, and seems like the pump is not working to push the water over the edge. I have to email them regarding that tomorrow.

As for the brushing, I hope that we brush enough the first 10 days......both of me and my hubby have full time job, so it was hard to brush 3 times a day.....now the start up pool man told us to brush once a day or so.

So far, we are happy about the esthetic of the pool, and had been busy of doing the landscaping around the pool. We have been so busy at work that there is not weekend that we are free to go look for pool side furniture.....so we really have not been sitting out there to enjoy our beautiful pool and spa.....however, just looking at the backyard now makes me happy, and children are happy about having a pool and they were complaining about not able to jump in.....Oh well, in three months, the spring will be here and hopefully by that time, we will get through all the trouble with the pool build and get my fire table in on the dry deck with some furniture as well.....will post some night time photos in a bit to share.

Here are a couple of night time pictures.... Pretty dark since I have not had a chance to get some landscape lighting in or you could say that we have to save some money to get that done in the next couple of months.... However, with the LED Pentair lights, the pool and spa look really nice. I also splurge on the two sconces right outside the bedroom patio door by the dry deck.... Hubbardton Forge makes great outdoor lighting and it is made in USA!

900fa41cec366a28bbb77e25fa142439.jpg
9320c8b44a1909e65fcf745bd73cafe7.jpg
88aa106cac11844bd2ef4d5c965e954c.jpg

I love those lights outside the window. So pretty!

The whole pool looks great!

I wonder if they will just let you TRY a smaller pump just to see. It cannot be that hard to switch it out just to see.

Infinity spa-I wonder why it does go over when first started up then.............I will be interested in seeing what they say about that.

Tell the kids they can put their feet in. LOL See how fast they pull them out!

Kim

If you have a variable speed pump, can't you dial it down to reduce the flow of water to the spillovers? That's what I do with mine, I can turn it down really low and just get a nice trickle through my spillover that's fairly quietly and gives you the trickling water effect.

eca5ba84617337adc59154f186d5bc5a.jpg

Hope that everyone's Christmas holiday was a great one! Thank you all for helping me and encouraging me during the 8 months building period.

As for the pool.... Everything is going pretty good except a few on going issues, such as the jets suppose to move the water through the water channels around the spa, dry in pool deck and stepping pads are not strong enough, the infinity spa only flows down water on 2.5 sides of the spa, and a few original sprinklers in the front yard got buried during the excavation and construction, and the landscaping crew who laid the sods are having hard time finding the buried sprinkler heads. Also, there are still quite a bit of plaster dust now when I brush everything, so not sure if this is normal 30 days after water is in the pool. We have not gotten into the spa yet. We definitively need to get some furniture so that we can at least sit outside and enjoy the beautiful pool that we have.

Anyhow, have a great day and Happy New Year everyone!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.