Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My PB used algaecide when he opened my pool - sigh

1. Back To Top    #1

Seacoast, NH

My PB used algaecide when he opened my pool - sigh

I don't use algaecide. PB came and opened our pool yesterday and left a bottle of algaecide that he apparently used to dose the pool. I can live with that, as long as it isn't copper based. I'll just go back to BBB like has been working for me for the last 7 years. The ingredients list on the bottle is long and is just chemical names. I don't see the word copper on it anywhere. It is Hydrotech Swimgard. Can I assume there's no copper in it?
    19,000 gallons
    Stay-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter
    IG vinyl, MasterTemp 400 Propane heater
    Intellichlor 40 SWG, 2006 Taylor Test Kit with Speed Stirrer
    1.5 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: My PB used algaecide when he opened my pool - sigh

I would think they would say the percentage of elemental copper that would be in it if it does.
    2013 20x40 Vinyl Ingound Pool. 30K Gallons. Hayward Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator. Hayward C-3030 Cartridge Filter. 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Pentair Magic Stream II Deck Jets. Pool Automation=Allen-Bradley PLC 5/04. TF-100 Test Kit.

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: My PB used algaecide when he opened my pool - sigh

You got lucky.

Alkyl dimethylbenzylammonium chloride 40% MSDS
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!