Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Serial Number ID on Hayward S310S Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Serial Number ID on Hayward S310S Sand Filter

I need to replace a lateral or laterals plural. Trouble is, the manual lists two different parts - on for pre-2005 models and one for post-2005 and I don't know which I have. The serial number stamped on the filter doesn't match Hayward's typical 17 digit format (the numbers I know how to decode).

Anyone have any insight into how to decode this serial number : 320L27 (second pic)?

34k gal, IG plaster, Hayward S-310S 240 sq. ft. sand filter, ? HP Premier brass pump (so old the tags have worn off), built July 1965 , Intec Water Doctor I copper-ionization system (no longer used)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Serial Number ID on Hayward S310S Sand Filter

You have the S310S which is newer. The laterals look like they have ball joints and fold up. The S310T is the older filter and the laterals screw into the lateral/stand pipe assembly. Here are links to the owner's manuals S310T and what you have S-310S
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by zea3 View Post
    You have the S310S which is newer. The laterals look like they have ball joints and fold up. The S310T is the older filter and the laterals screw into the lateral/stand pipe assembly. Here are links to the owner's manuals S310T and what you have S-310S
    Thanks, finally found a parts list that listed all that out for me and got it figured out. Still not sure why that serial numbers is so screwy, but at least I got my parts ordered.
    34k gal, IG plaster, Hayward S-310S 240 sq. ft. sand filter, ? HP Premier brass pump (so old the tags have worn off), built July 1965 , Intec Water Doctor I copper-ionization system (no longer used)

4. Back To Top    #4

I always thought the S meant Side mount and the T meant Top mount
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter