Replacing outdoor furniture cushions.

fponzani

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2008
My wife (who is looking over my shoulder) :roll: spotted this lounge set at Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 401+528299

One of her reservations is that when the cushions need replaced, she won't be able to find ones that fit. Many stores sell the basic chaise lounge cushions off the rack, but what do you do if your set requires something more specialized? Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution?

Replacing the filling is a good route if the fabric itself is decent. I can do that with my leather couch and loveseat in the family room.

This might be the advantage of buying outdoor furniture from a know manufacturer. They can provide parts and service. The mass retailers get theirs from overseas manufacturers that change models yearly. Unfortunately, the top-notch stuff just isn't in our budget.

That is a very nice set. I like it alot. I'm not sure about that fabric. It says that its protected, but I don't know for how long. I say though, If you like the set, buy it. You can always have cushions made later if you need to. I would definitely have replacement ones made with sunbrella fabric. All of my furniture cushions stay on through rain, cold, sun, anything and they still look like new. They never fade. I just hose them off when they get soiled or a bird does its thing on a fly by. Here is a link for where I had mine made.
http://www.cushionsource.com/

I agree iwth Teppy about the sunbrella fabric, it's awesome for outdoors!

Another thing, we had a different 'living room' set before we got ours at Costco at the beginning of the summer, I would recommend a solid bottom for the seats, our old set had straps and they were awful, others might have good experiences with them but we'll never buy another patio set with straps vs. a solid bottom.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.