New Guy Here

TommyD

May 29, 2014
Atoka, TN
Hi everyone, my name is Tommy and I am a new pool owner. I got a FREE AGP that is only 5 years old from a friend of mine. I will do a build thread once I get the pics uploaded.
In preperation for the build I purchased a new liner, skimmer, foam cove, and was initally sold on the perma salt system from a local store.
Since I didnt know much about it I did some research and decided it was not the best option for my family, we will be using chlorine. We have two children and I want the pool to be safe period. Luckily I was able to return it.

The pool is in and level. I have turned off the water since it is just below the skimmer. I still need to hook up the pump and filter and decided to hard plumb now instead of later.
Also, due to rain delays I have not backfilled the 2 ft yet so I want to rough in the pipes for two additional returns. I also need to bond it (still researching this one).

Anyways, I just ordered the Taylor Complete FAS-DPD Pool Water Test kit K-2006 on amazon.

Should I test the plain water first or is there any known chemicals I can go ahead and plan to add.

Any advice you have, seeing my plans, are welcomed.

Thanks!

Yes, that I why I said you should brush well, to mix the bleach in before the pump is running.

You can also get the CYA in a sock and tie it to a noodle or something to have it start to dissolve as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No harm in rounding up either .... does not have to be exact. You eventually want to be between 30-50ppm. So if you find 4 lb buckets, just go ahead and add 8 pounds which should take you to around 37ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.