Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris Booster Pump QuickConnectors redesign

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris Booster Pump QuickConnectors redesign

I contacted Polaris (Zodiac Pools) complaining about the QuickConnectors and the difficulty I had getting them to work. They emailed me back with this news:

Hello,

We have indeed redesigned the quick connectors for our booster pumps. Currently, our dealers have them. The difference, physically, is while the old connectors were white, the new ones are black and are much, much easier to install!

Technical Support

Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
    2620 Commerce Way
    Vista, CA 92081

Email: productsupport@zodiac.com
    So good news. it would have been even better news if the new connectors were offered up as free replacements. Maybe my pool dealer will feel sorry for me and offer them for free.
    15x30' (3'6" to 6") Pebbletec, 6'x9' spa, moss rock waterfall feature, 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Pentair 60fns DE, EasyTouch controls, 1.5hp Polaris blower, 2 SAM lights, MasterTemp heater. Located in The Woodlands, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Polaris Booster Pump QuickConnectors redesign

I bet if you replied back and asked Zodiac directly they would send some out at no charge.

Thank You
    Patrick
    www.inyopools.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Are we just talking about the hose connection for the BP?
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by patrick3229 View Post
    I bet if you replied back and asked Zodiac directly they would send some out at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will give it a shot. btw, when I contacted my local dealer(where I purchased the booster pump and cleaner) to buy a set they hadn't heard of the new design... and since they had just received a shipment of the old hose and connectors they guessed their distributor was getting rid of all the old.
    15x30' (3'6" to 6") Pebbletec, 6'x9' spa, moss rock waterfall feature, 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Pentair 60fns DE, EasyTouch controls, 1.5hp Polaris blower, 2 SAM lights, MasterTemp heater. Located in The Woodlands, TX

5. Back To Top    #5

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about?
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by steveg_nh View Post
    Can you post a pic of what you're talking about?
    Here's a picture from the web:

If you'd like to see what it looks like installed on my system I can take a picture later today and post. I don't know what the redesign looks like.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here's two actual pictures... the first from far away so you can see the four connections and hose:

And a closeup of one of the connectors... probably 1/8" to 1/4" away from having enough room to slip the red locking spacer in place.

8. Back To Top    #8

Ah. My system doesn't have that in it I don't think. My PB used 1.5" line for the BP, and it only has a Union on it, nothing like that. Maybe my guy did something custom? What's the issue with these, they break easy?