I opened pool and started to shock it. I have an above ground vinyl pool. I have been keeping the shock level at 14 for a few days now. I did an overnight test and last night I was at FC 14 and this morning it was at 12.5 or 13. I did take it at 7:00am so the sun was up for a bit, but I don't think it would effect it that fast? The water looks pretty clear, but could have the slightest bit of cloudyness to it. When I tested the FC last night I checked for CC and it showed 0. So my first question is....my kids have been begging me to go in. Can they swim for a bit and then bring it back up to shock level? My PH is also high at 8.2 and I didn't know if that would bother them too. I don't want to eat holes through their skin
2nd question: So I need to get my TA up and my PH down. Should I add the Muriatic acid first to bring down the ph then try to bring up the TA? And is the muriatic acid really hard to handle?
Last: When I test my FC the color will turn clear (I'm using the speed stir) and then half a second later will turn to light pink again. This seems to be more of a problem when the chlorine is at a high level when I am shocking. I keep adding drops till it stays clear. Is this the correct procedure?
Here are my levels now are and I'm testing with TF-100 kit: