Green pool, I'm losing faith in the fight!!

Back in town :)

SLAM = 24
FC = 16
CC = 0

2 bottles in

She's starting to look pretty again!
avapyba2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Test #25

SLAM = 24
FC = 20
CC = 0

Still going strong, cloudiness is starting to subside as well.

Question for you guys,
I have noticed two schools of thought on when to backwash. Some think "let it build up to filter more out," while others say "keep it clean and backwash often."

I'm looking at raised pressure (~8psi) where I would normally think to backwash. Jet pressure is still good.
e9emevym.jpg

Test #25

SLAM = 24
FC = 20
CC = 0

Still going strong, cloudiness is starting to subside as well.

Question for you guys,
I have noticed two schools of thought on when to backwash. Some think "let it build up to filter more out," while others say "keep it clean and backwash often."

I'm looking at raised pressure (~8psi) where I would normally think to backwash. Jet pressure is still good.

I'd let it go a little longer. I agree that I've heard that sand filters seem to run a little better with debris. Might speed up the process waiting a little and just monitoring it.

I am glad your pool is back to normal. We are planning to put a pool in soon and would like to know what possibly caused your problem. What will you do to avoid this from happening again in the future? Thanks.
I can only speculate. There are two things that I have come across that could be the culprit for the metal in my water. 1, the previous owner used a copper based algecide, and I think they used a lot of it. 2, I had a lot of leaf matter in the pool over the winter, decomposition of the leaves that had absorbed metal from rain prior to falling into the pool could have added to the problem as well.

As for the CYA issue, I was never educated enough to know that using chlor tabs and powder shock packs adds CYA to your water. I used both with reckless abandon...BAD MOVE!

If you have more questions feel free to ask, I'll tell you everything I have learned so far!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test #26

SLAM = 24
FC = 18
CC = 0

Still cloudy but I can see the outline of the bottom drain again. PSI up to 30 from 20 on the filter, going to backwash and free up some flow to get this cloud moving through now.
ubyvy9u6.jpg

I'd brush the day lights out of that deep end if I were you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.