hayward ec50a & ec50ac whats the difference

As far as I know, the A model has the bolts around the belly where you take the head assembly off while the AC has the clamp/spring assembly in place of the bolts. I believe the shell and clamping method are the only difference and internally are the same. The parts guides are the same.

I have the EC50AC and it's been an excellent filter and the clamp is quick and easy to remove with a ratcheting 9/16 inch wrench.

I prefer the clamp style as sometimes the bolts can rust and make it very difficult to remove the lid. The only other complaint on the Perflex is the DE fingers are really expensive to replace so when it comes time to replace all of the fingers within the filter it is almost as expensive as buying a whole new filter.

The other thing to know is that the Perflex uses a bump handle system to clean the fingers, basically a plate which runs up and down the fingers to clean them. The Pro Grid uses a backwash valve to clean the grids, I personally like Pro Grid much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.