Got My TF-100...SLAMing underway!

So I got my TF Test Kit last Saturday (unbelievebly fast shipping) and played with it throughout the weekend practicing the tests. We weren't ready to begin our SLAM yet because as some of you may remember, we got pool-stored into adding 25lbs of granular chlorine last week.

The initial CYA test came out in my estimation between 250-300....hard to tell because the solution basically looked like milk and only a few drops into the view tube, the dot was completely gone. Anyway...we spent Friday - Wednesday flushing out the pool...in my estimation, we probably exchanged 70% of the total water. Now our CYA is at 40-ish and we began to SLAM last night.

Pre-SLAM test results were -
pH: 7.2
TA: 150 (estimation because I don't feel like I have mastered this test, more on that later)
CH: 200 (" ")
FC: 2.5
CC: 1.0
CYA: 40

According to the relationship chart, our ideal shock target was 16. Per the calculator, this meant 4 jugs of 12.5% bleach so that is what I added. I tested again in 1-hour and it looked like we nailed it right at 16 FC! :D

This morning, I tested again and we were at -

FC: 7.0
CC: 1.0

So I added the recommended 2 jugs and 1 cup of 12.5% bleach and went off to work....my wife will be testing again this afternoon and adjusting accordingly.

I really feel like we are on our way now. Thank you again so so much for your assistance!!! I really hope I can stick around and pay it forward some day!

If you have any advice based on the above, I would welcome that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.