Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cyanuric Acid & the Sock

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

Cyanuric Acid & the Sock

I just put stabilizer/conditioner in a sock and let the pump run 24 hrs. to bring my cyanuric acid level up (it's at 25). There is still chemical left in the sock and I didn't know if I should leave it in the skimmer until it all dissolves or remove it.
    24Kgal/IG/Pebble/525sq.ft.CartridgeFilter/1.5 HP Pump/Built 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Las Vegas

Re: Cyanuric Acid & the Sock

It depends on your ultimate goal. If you are shooting for a level of 40 CYA, leave it in and squeeze the sock a few times when you happen to walk by. If your happy with your level of 25 (a little low for Houston area), take it out.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Sometimes it's really slow to dissolve. That's why we recommend the sock method. If you followed the bottle directions, all that stuff would still be sitting inside the filter undissolved, and if you had to backwash, it would all disappear and be wasted. Give it a few squeezes to remind it you want it to dissolve!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Give it a few squeezes to remind it you want it to dissolve!
    I never let it forget... I just keep it in my hands, over the return and get it dissolving into the water. Never had a problem doing it and it takes about 20minutes or so of constant manipulation to clear the sock. I'm impatient!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter