Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster Stains

1. Back To Top    #1

Nazareth, PA

Plaster Stains

Hello everyone. I have a SWG pool with a rock wall. I have a brownish colored stain streaming down the plaster across the whole wall. I assume the stain is from the leaching of iron out of the stone. What can I do to get rid of the stain? Thanks for your help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston, TX

Plaster Stains

Welcome to tfp!

The test to do on the stain is the vitamin c test ( hold a tablet on the stain and it will lift almost immediately.). If that works you can do the as ascorbic acid treatment. Instructions can be found in the how to or using the search.

Edit changed orbit to ascorbic. Darn autocorrect
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Plaster Stains

What he said ^^^

Check out the picture in this thread closely.

Once the stains are gone, you'll likely need a sequestrant
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Plaster Stains

Are the stains above or below the waterline?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School