New to the TFP forum

May 29, 2014
South FL
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and looking forward to helping and being helped. I live in Palm Beach County Florida. Had an 18x32 above ground pool in my last house for about 10 years and now have a 15x30 in ground pool 3 to 5' deep in my current house. I am pretty handy and do most of any work needed to be done around the house myself. These forums have helped me immensely so I try to help others as much as I can. I was a public safety officer (certified Firefighter and police officer) for 32 years before retiring in 2003. My last 14 years were spent running a Narcotics Detection Canine Unit with 15 trained dogsand my wife and I have owned a pet sitting business since 2003. During my 5th through 18th year in Public safety I did plan reviews and conducted fire inspections which included electrical inspections based on the NEC and NFPA Life Safety Code 101, 1970 something editions, of course that was over 25 years ago so the codes and many other things have changed since then. As a real estate investor I have also done extensive remodeling and repairs including plumbing, electrical, new kitchens, new bathrooms, bathtub and/or shower replacements as well as new bathroom installations and moving kitchens from 1 end of a house to the other. I have done just about everything that goes with flipping multiple family residential homes in the mid 70's when it wasn't the fade it had been in recent years. I am married with 3 children. My son just completed his new home as an owner builder. He too does most of his work himself, and spends a lot of time on the phone with dad, but I must admit that I have learned a lot from him as well. He is a professional firefighter. That's about it for me and my background and the experience I have had that may help me contribute to this forum. Have a great week end.

Wow Topdogs! You have enjoyed a full life of adventure and I'm sure... excitement! Welcome to TFP! Please share pics of your pool! :cool: