Grammy says hello

h2ctpdjl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2008
Indiana
Just wanted to let you know your website is wonderful! I had started to present a problem to your msg board earlier, but in the middle of posting it, decided to go out to my igp one more time to see what may be causing the water pressure issue, and noticed one of the "screws" on the pump filter basket wasn't tight. Once I tightened it, the water pressure came back and I am all smiles again! I am a 61 yr old grammy trying to maintain my one year old pool. I don't understand all the proper pool terminology but am slowly learning. Heck, I dont even understand the correlation between PH and Alkalinity, but i just learned Alkalinity is adjusted first, then check the PH! I think there are probably cheaper ways to treat my pool water, but until I learn what is what, I havent even attempted to sway from my pool people yet. They have been a big help to me so far. Again, thanks for this website and keep up the good work! :goodjob:

Welcome! Glad you found your problem.

Around here, if you have a problem, it's likely that someone has had it before and can help to get you on the right track. TFP is definitely a great resource. Glad you found TFP :-D

Thanks for the welcome. After reading your pool school, forums, etc., i have decided to try to free myself from my pool store. I am very hesitant but willing to give it a shot. My robot is still working trying to clean up the "leftovers" from my latest pool store visit. I am tired of all the chemicals and money - all i want to do is swim with my grandbabies. I tried to order your test kit but it wouldnt accept my login/password, though i have no problem using it to login here. I guess I need the test kit first and foremost; can someone tell me why I am having difficulting logging in to do that?

h2ctpdjl said:
Thanks for the welcome. After reading your pool school, forums, etc., i have decided to try to free myself from my pool store. I am very hesitant but willing to give it a shot. My robot is still working trying to clean up the "leftovers" from my latest pool store visit. I am tired of all the chemicals and money - all i want to do is swim with my grandbabies. I tried to order your test kit but it wouldnt accept my login/password, though i have no problem using it to login here. I guess I need the test kit first and foremost; can someone tell me why I am having difficulting logging in to do that?
If you've not ordered there before you have to place your item in the basket then continue to checkout. Then you click on register & checkout. That's where you'll put your info for your username and password. Then, the next time you order you'll just sign it.

Welcome to TFP! As Anna has said, the kit site is not operated by TFP, so you'll need an account and password there as well.

The maker of the kits posts here often though (duraleigh) so you are welcome to post any kit related questions you have as well.

Congrats on taking control of your pool. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. I realized that there was mention somehwere in the forums about them being a separate entity, so registered and got it ordered; in fact, it shipped already. Once it gets here, plan to start BBB immediately, with a little help from my TFP friends.