Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Discarding of partially used chlrone tablets and cya powder

1. Back To Top    #1

Discarding of partially used chlrone tablets and cya powder

Prior to finding this site, I initially started using two chlorine tablets in a floater in my new pool. Now that I changed to bleach, I'm wondering how I can discard of these partially dissolved tablets. Can they just be dumped in the trash, or is it too corrosive?

Also, I used the method here to add CYA to the pool and put it in socks tied to a wacky noodle. I am now worried that I may have added too much CYA...I cant be sure because I haven't gotten the TF 100 test kit in the mail yet. I want to pull out the remaining undissolved CYA powder and dispose of it...is this safe to just dump in the trash?

Thanks for the help.
    15'x26' above ground pool installed on 5/10/14, 1 hp -Hayward pro series sand filter (Model # S166T92STL), Hayward Vari-Flow valve (Model # SP0714T1), Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump (Model # SP1592TLFP). TF100 test kit. Diver Dave automatic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Discarding of partially used chlrone tablets and cya powder

I would just set the tablets on a foam plate in the sun and let them dry out. When they are dry, just toss them back in the bucket. You could probably do the same with the CYA.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.