Additional purification with AquaPure 1400 since I am cutting it up to repl old cell

Sep 17, 2010
Campbell, CA
Hi All,

i am replacing my older AquaPure 1400 with the newer 3 port model and I have to cut out the smaller unions and sensor fitting. I have a straight section of about 30 inches. That leaves about 10+ inches for some other form of purifer. Should I consider adding an additional device like a chlorine puck feeder or mineral thing? Why would I want to do this? the pool water is warm most of the summer and it seems that the chlorinator has had a bit of a time keeping up. And over the winter, I have to add pucks since the water is too cold for the chlorinator to function.

I might be thinking too hard about this, but since I will have it all cut up, I thought I might ask if there are any suggestions you all have.

Thanks! Chris

Absolutely not. You would not want one of those ... certainly not the minerals.

What is your CYA level? If it is too low, the SWG will not be able to keep up when it is very sunny. In the winter the FC use should be very low and just adding some bleach when needed is easy enough.

Where are you located (add to your profile please)? How cold does the water get?

jblizzle,

Thanks for the reply. I thought I subscribed to the thread, but must not have.

Anyways, my CYA is about 50, I know it should be higher, but it keeps slowly dropping. I am in Campbell, CA, and the pool gets to about 40 in the winter.

Thanks,
Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.