Replace pool light with cool LED color changing light.

Depends on what kid of light fixture you have. I removed the failed blub and screwed in a new color LED bulb. Use a new seal on the fixture ... easy as replacing a light blub (almost ;) )

That is the bulb I got as well. It is certainly not as bright as a white bulb, and the reds do not travel far in water. With my long pool, certainly wish I had 2 lights.

I'm just replacing a niche light bulb myself. Mine is a pool that's new to me and it was broken when I moved in so I'll be replacing the gasket seal and the bulb. I'd say if you're going to put in an LED bulb, replace the gasket at the same time. $10 for a gasket to protect your $150-300 investment is money well spent. Also, test the whole assembly for leaks before turning on power to it. Assemble w/o bulb, submerge overnight, check for water intrusion in the morning. Then install and power up.

Advice? I wish with mine I could set the color and have it remember. Each time it turns on it resets, although you can manually toggle through the color by flipping the power quickly. I would consider that if I were doing it again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what light is in there right now. Pool was built in early 2001ish....so I'm guessing that it would be as simple as opening it up and putting in the new LED bulb. I like the idea of one that "remembers" what you programmed into it. What are the costs on these things?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.