Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new connections for my Hayward Max Flo XL..need some help

1. Back To Top    #1

new connections for my Hayward Max Flo XL..need some help

Hey all. Well it's time to open the pool here in Wisconsin. I pulled my Hayward Max Flo XL (.75hp) model out of the garage, and am going to install. BUT...last season I had a small leak at the UNION connection from the output of the pump that connected to the sand filter via a piece of Spa Flex PVC piping.

Anyway, Since the flex pvc was glued INTO the original Union for the pump, I am going to need to replace that 1 1/2" x 2" union connector...NOW, my question is, can I get this union connection at my local DIY, like Home Depot or Menards? I noticed my pump OUTPUT has both external threads, which the current union connector screws on to, BUT there are also internal threads inside the pump output...is there a Union type screw in adaptor I could use, if I can't find the 1 1/2" x 2" union connector locally?? Is there any benefit to using one connection over the other???

Thanks for any help
    Dan
    33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new connections for my Hayward Max Flo XL..need some help

Your probably going to have to get this from Hayward if it is the part I am picturing
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~