new connections for my Hayward Max Flo XL..need some help

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hey all. Well it's time to open the pool here in Wisconsin. I pulled my Hayward Max Flo XL (.75hp) model out of the garage, and am going to install. BUT...last season I had a small leak at the UNION connection from the output of the pump that connected to the sand filter via a piece of Spa Flex PVC piping.

Anyway, Since the flex pvc was glued INTO the original Union for the pump, I am going to need to replace that 1 1/2" x 2" union connector...NOW, my question is, can I get this union connection at my local DIY, like Home Depot or Menards? I noticed my pump OUTPUT has both external threads, which the current union connector screws on to, BUT there are also internal threads inside the pump output...is there a Union type screw in adaptor I could use, if I can't find the 1 1/2" x 2" union connector locally?? Is there any benefit to using one connection over the other???

Thanks for any help
Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.