new pool owner new liner - help

I am a new inground pool owner and we have high groundwater where I am. I moved to my house in the fall and opened my pool this summer and there was a lot of water under the liner. There is a pump installed and I pumped out the water and liner went back into place but it ended up tearing in a lot of places (old liner). I assume because it was an old liner, it was more brittle and couldn't stretch as well back into place.

I will be buying a new liner and was wondering if a thicker liner would be better (27mil) or should I go with 20mil. The groundwater is my main concern - I will pump as much as needed but I am afraid of running into issues again over the winter. I guess I will just have to pump throughout the winter also to keep the groundwater from becoming a big problem. Would there be any reason a thinner liner would be better or would it be safer to go with the 27mil? If groundwater does get under the liner and has to be pumped out - which would stretch the liner back to where it should be - over time this will probably wear the liner quicker I assume? Is there any reason the 20mil would be better in this situation or would you recommend 27?

Consensus over the years seems to think there is really not much difference in the liners. 20 mil is a bit easier to install but that seems to be about it.

I can't see 27 or 20 having ANY adnatage with your groundwater issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.